PARACHUTE CREDIT COUNSELING SERVICE OF BUFFALO
To make a free appointment, call EAP and we will schedule a financial consultation for you as part of your EAP benefit. Parachute Credit Online Resources include:
- Parachute Credit Counseling Education Center: Learn more about your finances, your credit report, and protecting your identity. Topics include daily expense management, retirement, applying for loans, credit cards, and insurances.
- Online Bankruptcy Resources
- Sign up for CCCS Newsletter here.
Financial Wellness Self-Assessment:
Click on the following links to be directed to financial wellness self-assessments created by Consumer Finance and CNN. These assessments are intended to be used as tools to explore your financial health and provide brief financial education.
If after completing both assessments, you need additional assistance with your finances or are at increased financial risk, please consider setting up an appointment with an EAP counselor to discuss your results. Please call 716-681-4300 or SUBMIT A REQUEST HERE. A counselor can help you work through the results and/or refer you to a financial counselor. You do not have to navigate your finances alone.
- https://www.chexsystems.com/: Information on identity theft, your right to dispute, and more
- https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action: During the pandemic, run free weekly credit reports
- TIPS REGARDING UNEMPLOYMENT FRAUD:
- Report the fraud to the NY state unemployment benefits office agency by filing a fraudulent claim report on the NYS Department of Labor website by clicking on this link: Report Unemployment Insurance Fraud (ny.gov) or by contacting them at (888) 209-8124 during the hours of operation: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM.
- Keep any confirmation or case number you get. If you speak with anyone, keep a record of who you spoke with and when.
- Visit IdentityTheft.gov: Identity Theft Recovery Steps | IdentityTheft.gov to report the fraud to the FTC and get help with the next important steps. These include placing a free, one-year fraud alert on your credit, getting your free credit reports, and closing any fraudulent accounts opened in your name. IdentityTheft.gov also will help you add a free extended fraud alert or credit freeze to your credit report. These make it more difficult for an identity thief to open new accounts in your name. Review your credit reports often.
What is Savology?
Savology’s financial wellness program focuses on financial planning to help you make the most of your money – the program includes a personalized financial plan, education resources, online money tools, and more! As a valued team member, you get Savology’s financial planning platform and tools at no cost to you.
How do I get started?
Getting started with Savology is simple and only takes a few minutes! You will receive an email invite from Savology to get started, but you can also join now by:
• Selecting “Get started” to create your account
• Completing the short financial profile survey
Once your account is created, you can take advantage of the many resources that Savology has to offer, such as custom action items, planning modules, and literacy courses.
We are excited to help you make a meaningful impact to your overall financial well-being.
EVENTS AND WORKSHOPS
Please click on the calendars below for information on upcoming events at these agencies in the community.